Sunday, November 29, 2009

Duty and Sanding

Today I had duty, which means I’m the one in charge of getting people up, washing lots of things and boat checks.

So yes, I got up, did a boat check. Checking all the rooms and locations of the ship, checking the water level, pressure and temp of the generator and other such things. Got everyone up and had breakfast, apparently Sundays are cereal day.

Turn to was at 8 today so that we could have a chance to climb the rigging. It was so much fun! I didn’t even think about how high up I was, I just went for it and really enjoyed myself even thought it was a little scary. Getting over a few things was hard specially when u got to a top part. I climbed the main mast all the way to the cross trees. They said we can climb any time we want as long as we have our harness on, the lanyard and tell a mate. They also don’t want us to be comfortable up there, otherwise we might nap up there and become careless.

After that we were sent to wash the deck and I swept and moped the tween deck.

Tours started and I cleaned up the galley and the heads. Did another boat check.

Had a great lunch of chicken, potatoes and peaches.

Kat went back down the side to finish up some painting with Katie. Ashley helped Tsveta with something. Later after I did some more cleaning I asked Rebecca what I should do and I ended up with Katie sanding the back legs of the helm. That was interesting work, hard on the hands but fun. After all the sanding was done we bleached it with wood bleach

Chuck went swimming and when he jumped over the side a few people freaked out, thought someone had fallen over.

Finally the day was over and had dinner, burgers, watermelon and potato salad. Did some more cleaning up and am now relaxing on the weather deck, I think everyone else might be watching a movie or something.

Tomorrow we have a day off because there are no tours, I plan on climbing the rigging and hopefully making it to the royal and then later I might go swimming with Ashley.

Still have to do another boat check tonight, sweep and mop the galley and sleep on the tween deck, who knows how strange that’ll be. I did sleep a lot better last night.

Tours.
Kat in the bosun's chair.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having fun...I don't think I know anyone of that crew except Caleb and Rebecca (say hello!) :D

    ReplyDelete