Monday, November 30, 2009

Day Off

Sleeping on the tween deck was interesting. It was a little bit like I was actually at home because hearing boat go by was a bit like hearing the cars go by out my window at home. I really did want to climb the rigging this morning, but dang was I ever sore, I had no idea I’d be this sore. I need more upper body strength and fast.

Since we had the day off there was a whole lot of nothing to do. Chilled out in the galley, then Ashley and I went for a walk around the island, not that interesting but saw some egrets.

Came back and had some leftovers for lunch.

Later Katie, Ashley and I jumped off the starboard channel. It was great, but they were a little chicken so I went first, even though I’m the one who can’t see too well. I screamed. Haha, so worth it. I went three times. Katie jumped in after me and we swam aft around the rudder to the ladder on the dock. I did it again and that time it wasn’t as bad; convinced Ashley to finally jump and went in after her. I thought I’d be the chicken one, but apparently not, I even did the rigging the other day, so I guess I’m braver than I thought.

Took a shower to get the salt off and now to commence with some more relaxing, though I do admit it feels odd, I’d like something better to do. We ended up having pizza cooked by Maisie and it was really good. Then we spent a good hour or two playing Sims, we made most of the crew and built a house that looks like the Bounty. The best part was that we made Peter a tad bit too insane and he kept talking to himself. Also it was great fun to have Rebecca and Caleb try for a baby. We were all laughing really loud and Chuck came up to see what we were doing and we just kept laughing and none of us could talk, ended up practically crying. Good times.


Path on Peanut Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment