Friday, April 2, 2010

Chesapeake

Work party was good, finished rust busting the futtocks and got a coat of primer on them, mmmh metal primer.

At capstan we had another Key West fact from Cory and then Brooke gave her little talk about flares that I didn’t really understand much of.

Watch was amazing, we went through the Chesapeake Bay, we had to steer through the buoys and I really suck at driving. It was really bad and I was stuck on the helm for the better part of an hour, I was dying. When Katie came and relived me I was super thankful.

The Chesapeake has a lot of little fingers of land and is not that great to navigate at night so we anchored, that means only an hour of watch for everyone tonight.

Submarine.
John and Cory on the jib.
Maisie making baggy wrinkle.
Dan and Robin working on the mast.
Mitch tapping the tween deck to NP1.
Brooke tarring a backstay.
Michelle on the helm.
Peter and Grant looking at the chart.
Dan and the mast.

No comments:

Post a Comment