Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hudson River

All the anchor watches have been making me get a lot more sleep so I got up at 8 when Jesse got up and had breakfast. I spent some time cleaning up my bunk, but then Grant told me I should go on deck because it’s really beautiful. It is, the Hudson River really is amazing, rocky cliffs, lots of trees and huge houses. We even went by West Point and fired a gun at them, there was a huge echo off the buildings.

On deck on duty, so I ended up helping C watch furl the headsails for their work party.

We got to Newburgh right after lunch, so most of us didn’t get to eat till we had docked. Docking was really easy this time around.

Zach preparing dock lines.
Airplane.
Brooke preparing dock lines.
Jesse adding a back strap of seine twin to his sandals.
Brooke and Zach looking over the Hudson river.
West Point.
Brenerman's Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment