Monday, April 5, 2010

Tours

It’s been far too long of a day. We had to set up the boat this morning for tours, deck wash, sweep and mop and exchange the brows to one that had slats, it’s a steep climb. I started to do a deep clean of the heads, took everything out from it’s storage place, clean out the inch of dust and put things back. I found two globes and a never-ending supply of bleach.

After lunch I complained that I was tired of it and we were getting more tourists so I got to give tours. I did a few fully guided ones and other times I was just stationed somewhere, picked up some people and talked them through a few things. It’s more fun when they ask questions then you having to give a whole talk. The funny thins is that as a kid growing up your parents tell you not to talk to strangers, now I’m being paid to do it.

I took one group of people around the boat about one and a half time for an hour or so, they were from LA and kept taking pictures of different things. Robin had told us that people were going to ask us where we were from, where the boat had gone and how many crew we had. What I got asked most besides that was if the food was good. I also ended up giving out my blog address to someone.

After dinner Katie and I got to hang out for a bit. Went to the grocery store, got candy, walked around and ended up playing at the park. Those who had their day off did about that same thing, ate around and looked at the town, it’s really small.

No comments:

Post a Comment