Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mackinac Island

Stood about two hours of watch and then we docked at Mackinac Island. It’s a popular tourist place and Cap’ thought it would be the perfect place to have a day off and it was. It has no cars except rescue vehicles otherwise it’s horse, bikes and feet. There were about 17 fudge shops and 14 bars.

Katie and I ate at Pink Pony for lunch and then walked around. Walked up to the fort and around some of the trails, to skull cave, the cemetery and arch rock. I ended up buying a charm for my charm bracelet. We walked around the city and the historical buildings and found Jesse and Tom in a blacksmith shop hammering away. They were making revving irons, caulking irons and I got Jesse to make me a marlinspike.

We each did one boat check through out the day every hour and when I did min at 10 the engine room bilge was really full, it took me 14 minutes to pump it out.

Mackinac Island
Top of the hill.
Fort.
Cemetery.
Arch rock.
Niagara.
Jesse playing in the forge.
Jesse and Tom.
Tom.
Candle stick.
Tom grinding.

No comments:

Post a Comment