Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day off, marine junk stores

We got a lot of things done today, but more of just looking and shops and seeing that they didn’t have what we needed. First went to Dunkin Donuts for coffee, dropped Grant off at the bank so he could open an account and we went to a tattoo shop where Brooke ended up getting a few nose rings. We also stopped at a vintage shop and looked at some great clothing, but all out of our price range. Went to Home Depot next where we all drooled over power tools and Brooke and I ended up getting some clips to help make our rig better. I looked around for something to use as a marlin spike but there was nothing good anywhere. Went to west marine next where they had no foul weather gear at all. Then to two marine junk shops, Brooke got a thirty dollar used wetsuit at one and at the other we ran into Kat and Josh. Kat bought a lamp that runs off some oil for her mom. Had a late lunch, played at the park, went to a Scuba shop for Grant and finally stopped at Wallgreens for a few things.

At the end of the day, after having searched high and low for a marlinspike I magically got a free one. Katie and I were talking about rope belts because I was looking things up online and Dennis inquired for what. Explained about my lack of marlinspike and he gave me his old one, sheath included! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment