Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oiling, Alfot and Key West

Another day up in the rig, but not for me, I had the do so I filled a few seams and then spent the day oiling some patches of the deck. Grant was on the fore top again, Katie re lashed the crinolines and did some whippings on them. Brooke and Kat checked the blocks for all the bunts and replaced them with good ones where needed. Ryan did some patch serving and tarring on the main and was on the foretop a little as well. It was my mom’s last day to see me; she worked hard the whole week she was here, helping all of us sand and clean. Some of the old wood from the foretop was laying around on the tweens and my mom being who she is wanted to take some home, to have a piece of the Bounty. Dan noticed and instead gave her a belay pin, she was really excited about it and I am too.

At the end of the day we all ran around to make sure we were all cleaned up on time because we were leaving for Key West tonight.

Brooke taking off the baggy wrinkle.
Baggy wrinkle.
Katie on the crinolines.
Katie on the crinolines.
Old life ring from Liberty Clipper, Katie signed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment