Friday, February 5, 2010

Inconsistant weather

This morning’s sweep and mop of the tweens took forever because only Kat and I did it and we also had to wipe down all the passenger cabins because there was still dust everywhere from sanding. Which at the end of the day was pointless because Katie sanded the column again and dust spread everywhere. The weather was stupid today so we kept running away from the rain, but it would only sprinkle for a few minutes. Katie and I finished caulking the nav hatch, the MSD vent and two sides of the port galley hatch. Kat oiled the fore fife rail and later did whippings, Ethan sawed boards to the right size for the foretop, Grant dug our more around the prêt galley hatch. I did a few whippings on lines and later sewed the canvas on the sail. Brooke spent the day with her parents who later came back to the boat and her mom cooked us dinner.

3 comments:

  1. Someone I know from the Maritime Museum is going to come work on the Bounty as an able bodied seaman some time in the future. I informed him of your blog so he can see the kinds of things you lot do. :) How long are you going to be with the Bounty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on being on until November for sure, after the great lakes and then bring it back to florida for the winter. you can pass my email on to him as well if he has questions or wants more inside info about us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He'll be there in a couple of months, I think. =D

    ReplyDelete