Friday, March 18, 2011

Sewing and Harvey Gamage

Even though it was a rig day Laura and I were sent below like the seamstress we are, she was finishing up her splice with it’s fuzzy ends for a sail makers slice and I was sent back on the spanker clew. I had put a patch on the corner covering the bolt rope, but that wasn’t going to work, I ended up putting leather around the corner and then sewing in the large corner grommet. After lunch I went with Nick to a huge produce center to get some fruit and vegetables for the next two weeks before we leave. When I got back Laura had put in the holes for the two smaller grommets. First she made a dotted line with an awl, cut a little here and there and in the long run just melted the edges.

The Harvey Gamage arrived tonight and is docked by us.

Laura and Brooke combing strands for a splice.
Sail stretched out to sew on bolt rope.

1 comment:

  1. Hi ya sounds like lots of work and a small amount of fantastic sight seeing. What's the date you are leaving the island? What is good to eat there? How's the coffee?

    ReplyDelete