Tuesday, May 31, 2011

British Coast Guard helicopter

Today was fun for me, didn’t to much galley work or deck hand. I helped Marcia with lunch, we made falafel, I’ve had hers before and knew they were great, but it’s such a strange thing to me I had no idea how to make it. Dried chickpeas soaked over night in water, ground them up, squeezed the water out of an onion, added parsley, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne and baking powder. Mixed it all together, formed balls and fried, I guess deep frying underway can be possible.

After lunch I helped John with chart corrections, in Plymouth they said we had to have them. Baron and John had been working on the charts and now they are on to sailing direction books, highlighting, making notes, correcting in them. There are also little cards to write on to say what pages you have corrected. Not only are their ones that come out every year since the publication, but weekly ones as well.

While making corrections in the great cabin we heard a helicopter, Chris went to check it out and they said they wanted to practice dropping a man on the boat. John and I went up on deck to watch. We moved our yards around so they had easy access to the quarter deck, and eventually the man was slowly lowered down. Before he left we gave him some shirts and fish even, because we have so much of it. They also took the boat’s email so they can send us pictures, too bad we weren’t sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment