Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tapas

Everyone was tired today. The crew cleaned the tween deck today, scrubbing, painting, shinning things up and general spring cleaning. It was amazing the transformation the great cabin went through, everything appeared to be white but in fact it was actually grey.

I spent the day baking and making food for the next two days. I’m on port watch with John, Baron, Doug, Rich, Sam, Grant, Tenley, Chris, Mitch and Jesse and we have the next two days off. The other watch always gets stiffed if they don’t have the cook and scrounge around for food, so I made two hotel pans of stuff, one for each day for lunch. They’ll have cereal for breakfast, or if we had enough eggs I would let them make their own and for dinner leftovers from lunch and a few things that are in the fridge now. A lot of people have been going out to eat as well and most of the off watch will be away during eating hours.

Doug took Jesse and I out to dinner, we had tapas, I haven’t been this full in a really long time. This is also the first time in ages that I haven’t set my alarm, I’ll actually get to sleep in.


Working on the yards.
Patching the capstan.

No comments:

Post a Comment