Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dish soap and Bilges

When Jesse woke me up at 8 I was yelling in my head “nooooo!” I had finally settled into a deep sleep, most of the night I had tossed and turned. Breakfast, chores and then work part. As the 12 to 4 we clean the heads and sweep and mop the tween and then on watch we do lunch dishes. We also spent awhile looking for dish soap, and sadly it appears that we are out. For work party we got to climb around in the bilge, it’s gross but for whatever reason I think it’s a lot of fun. Pulled up the bilge pump hoses and checked the filter to see if anything was clogging them, most of them just had some hair. In bosuns we saw a brush floating around and in aft crew a water bottle, we couldn’t reach either of them.

Ate lunch and on to watch, the 12 to 4 is not that bad in the afternoon because everyone else is on work party so you end up having to help here and there. Doing lunch dishes was tricky with no soap because we had spaghetti, orange grease everywhere. Only going to be underway for another 4 to 6 days.

Also we are out of potatoes pasta, the only starch we have left is rice and whole-wheat flour. After living in Asia for 7 years I don’t mind eating rice two or three times a day, Cookie might have to get a few ideas from me of what to make.

2 comments:

  1. Reading your posts is making me extremely jealous! I wish I could be there with you guys! I still haven't heard back from the internship, but I really hope to see you at the Great Lakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you could always put off college for a year and see if you could get on the atlantic crossing next year

    ReplyDelete