Monday, March 15, 2010

The last of the deck sanding

Today the fore topgallant mast was put up smoothly, so smoothly that I wasn’t even really aware of the whole processes. Brooke, Katie and I moved the grates by the rudder and started working back there. Brooke adjusted the turnbuckles, Katie moused some shackles and I started revving. I ended up spending all day back there, revving and then sanding with Ryan.

Katie and Michelle got to sand as well, just on the tweens, the main mast, it’s in really rough shape, so much junk on it and the wood is crummy.

Everyone else was aloft helping out.

Michelle stripping varnish.
Peter checking charts.

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell John that I got his volunteer award pins and that if I see him in the summer I will give them to him?

    ReplyDelete