Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Watch 12-4

As I’m writing this I’m trying not to fall out of bed, we’re on a starboard tack so we’re listing that way and my bunk is port outboard, once again wedged in my rabbit hole.

I slept in till noon, kept waking up here and there thinking I’d get out of bed and do something, but no. Got up, ate lunch and then hung out with Katie for once, trid to watch a moving but ended up being too tired for that. Started watch at 4, thinking I’d get off at 6, but we took another hour so B watch would then take two hours of C watch’s new watch so they wouldn’t be stuck with 12 hours of watch today.

At the end of watch we furled the fore topgallant, Mitch and John went up first then Katie and I after them, by the time we got up there they were half done and then didn’t want our help.

I now have C watch’s old watch, the 12 to 4, I don’t think I’ll like it too much. Will be dark the whole time, so the only good thing is lots of stars and then in the afternoon have shortened work party and I would imagine it seems to go faster because everyone else has work party then.

Mitch, Katie and John hanging at the helm on watch.
John.

No comments:

Post a Comment