Saturday, March 27, 2010

Night Furling

Katie decided to come in and bother me when she got off watch at midnight, told me that we’ll be furling on my watch to get practice in the rig at night. Zach came and woke up A watch early so that we could furl with C watch, before he said anything I was really dead to the world. He always calls me Carolyn which is funny cause everyone else calls me Caz.

Went aloft to furl the fore topsail, the moon was big and bright giving us lots of light, we had some trouble with the dog ear but other than that it went well. Watch was uneventful, the tack had already been change, saw two tankers and went from steering SW to NW. I manned the house again for deck wash and slipped three times, once Dan was there to catch me and later I proceeded to get him kind of wet, oops.

A few other things that happened on the two other watches that we heard about, tried to set the main course but when the topsail was bent on a sheet was lead the wrong way. B watch had a cruise ship politely ask to over take them and someone is putting a locking hitch on the pins then they first belay them.

B watch is on deck, C watch has work party and A watch has nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment