Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Deck fixing, busting and cooking

Yesterday we got more bungs, which means today we got to make lots of bungholes and then fill them with bungs. Katie and I did about 10 rows before lunch, had to move the deck box and you could tell it’s been sitting there awhile because the deck looked really new under it.

Kat was sick so she slept in, Josh was doing duty things and Brooke was off with Peter hoping to get the small boat’s engine back, but ended up doing some shopping anyway.

At lunch capstan Peter said that Chuck was not going to be here to cook dinner because he had some job interview, so I was put up to cook. Planed on cooking tomorrow, so there were already all the ingredients I wanted.

Brooke, Katie and I continued to bung for a while, then helped sand the capstan some more, there were still some sanding marks left in it. Josh was also working on sanding the stanchion posts of the mizzen fife rail. Then we all went up to the main course to bust up the starboard side, it was sagging a lot and looking horrible. I’m not a big fan of the course yard, for some reason it is the most unsettling, but I’m proud of us.

Before we were stood down at capstan Sveta made a few comments about how far we’ve come, the big improvements we’ve made and that we have a good work ethic. She said that when the old crew comes back we wouldn’t be able to impress them with our skills, but how we work and our attention to detail on projects.

After all that I went to go make dinner with the help of Brooke, if she hadn’t helped me dinner would have been late. We ended up making lemon couscous, ratatouille, cabbage salad with sesame dressing and apple crisp. Everyone really enjoyed it and I’m glad that I cooked enough.

Deck box was here.
Katie drilling piolet holes.
Screwing in screws.
Screws
Josh sanding mizzen stanchions.
Brooke placing bungs.
Mine field of bungs.
Pounding in bungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment