Thursday, January 14, 2010

More the same

Grant and I added another layer of oil to the helm drum and then were off to play with the half round. Took a piece off, did the standard scrape and caulk and put it back on. The last piece was already off, had to jig saw out a section, file and sand it and then we tested to see if it would fit. As we were picking it up to test it, it was thin in one spot and it snapped a bit, so we just broke it off the rest of the way, two pieces is much easier. We put a bit of paint on the raw wood so we can’t put it back on till tomorrow.

Katie was down in the engine room most of the day dealing with the oil in the bilges and re wiring the generators.

Brooke and Kat rust busted the rudder and then put a coat of primer on it.

Sveta was around as usual doing different things but mainly still working on that seam of hers.

We also re-furled the foretopsail because we had done it pretty crummy while out sailing the other day. I felt good doing it, not scared at all and this time I knew more of what to do, really proud of us.

Lastly Grant and I put another layer of oil on the helm drum.

Three layers of oil, beautiful!
Rudder gear with primer.
Half round.
Engine room bilges.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. It's awesome that you keep a record of all this, I'd never have so much stamina, especially with all the work you have to do.

    I miss the ship :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad that I'm doing it, but also we aren't sailing everyday so it makes a big difference I think. The day that we did go out sailing I was so exhausted after it all.

    ReplyDelete