Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Usual

Another cold day, so we worked inside. When I came down from capstan my glasses fogged up so much I couldn’t see, the small boat also had a very thin layer of ice on the water in it.

I finished up a bit more paint near forward crew, did some whippings and then cleaned some cabins. When I was shop vacing under the bunks I accidentally vacuumed a whistle that was attached to a life jacket and it whistled. I also found some interesting things, some change, US, Euro and Pounds, a necklace, some skittles and flour. Brooke was in the engine room helping Peter change the oil. Katie and Kat were in bosuns cleaning and sharpening some tools.

Sveta showed us how to sew on chafe gear to a line, easy, just sewing some thick fabric around a line.

We did a little of prep for our sailing tomorrow, got rid of the trash, took down a brow, moved stagings and cannons. The sunset was amazing and made the great cabin glow orange.

Then Grant and his dad Cliff showed up and later Robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment