Thursday, January 7, 2010

My birthday

Happy birthday to me. This morning Josh sang me a silly song that apparently is the schooner birthday song. We also did a bit of work aloft, Katie tarred while Brooke and I did some patch serving on the mizzen, not too bad.

Katie and Kat then worked on the half round, Brooke drove Peter around again and I got to bung. I was happy to bung, I oddly enjoy it, pretty much out of bungs but we got more screws today.

Trident marine came by and worked on putting in dolphins for the Lynx, was interesting to watch. Sveta said they might not have enough time to settle, they put ours in 2 weeks before we got here and Lynx is less than 10 days away. Our dolphins are really crummy, pushed over not very helpful.

Unfortunately the most annoying part about working on a boat is if you drop something, even from aloft to the deck is bad, but over the side and into the water, could be lost forever. Lucky for us we are docked so we can attempt to retrieve some things, today a putty knife, marlinspike and drill went over the side, Sveta dove and got them. Also Katie sliced her thumb pretty bad with a scraper.

I made my own cake, carrot cake; everyone stuck candles in it, sang to me and gave me a silly card they all signed. We hung out and wiggled around to some music, nice and mellow, the way I like things. Peter is really silly and I kept videoing him dancing around. hehe

Half round
Trident marine
Katie and Kat putting the half round back on.
Peter and Brooke
Katie and Peter singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment