Friday, January 8, 2010

Half round and small boat

This morning Brooke did some patch serving while Kat and Katie tarred. The interesting thing was the places the three of them were getting into, Brooke ended up hanging from her harness on the main royal to patch something on the truck, she had a really hard time. A large chunk of marlin even came my way; I was on the fore deck knocking out some bungs.

We also had some kindergarteners on board today, when their ferry pulled up they were yelling all kinds of pirate nonsense, my favorite was “I can see the people,” they were still aloft finishing up things.

The south wind favored us a little bit today so the dock lines were slack and we added more chafe gear.

Katie and I were sent to the half round where we struggled to get a piece off because the boat didn’t want to let go of it. Kat oiled part of the bowsprit and Brooke touched up some paint on it before she had to drive Peter around.

We finally got the small boat back, yay! There’s been problems with it for at least the past 10 days.

At capstan Peter said that on the 11th and the 18th we’d be doing a bit of a sail. On the 11th so that trident marine can try and fix our dolphins, they’ll be doing more work on the other dock for Lynx and the 18th for fuel. There are fewer of us now, so it’ll be a little harder I think, but we do know more. Plus Grant will be getting in just the night before so he’ll be there.

Even though I was on duty today, Peter offered to take over for a few hours so that I could go out and celebrate my birthday because we couldn’t go ashore last night. It was simple and hilarious. Went bowling and had some good laughs, the last time I went bowling was in Egypt senior year!

Brooke and Katie on the main.
Knocking down bungs.
Under the brow.
South wind pushing us against the dock, very crooked dolphins.

No comments:

Post a Comment