Saturday, January 2, 2010

More half round

Kat and I quickly pained aloft this morning, I touched up the crosstrees while she did the main topsail yard, then we both texture painted the main crosstrees. Then we both got to work on the half round, oh joy, what fun. It wasn’t as bad this time for some reason, I think because I’m actually good at it and know what I’m doing for once. We were practically out of screws so we didn’t put the boards on, just pried them off and caulked.

Brooke was on the bowsprit again; Katie and Josh were finishing the half round on the starboard side and then painting the hull.

My wrist is really sore from all the scrapping and trying to pry out the stupid nails. It was also really cold today and looks like it will be for the rest of the week.

Also I heard that in about 2 weeks we’ll make another fuel run, another adventure, and Cookie, a cook from a season or so ago, Maisie’s bf, will be back on for the sailing season. Better food hopefully!

The joys of being covered in paint, but this is nothing.

5 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to comment on your posts, and I will go back to them some time for some nautical discussion...

    However, I see Lynx is on her way to be visiting with you! Lynx is a close friend with the Maritime Museum ships, particularly Californian, as they are both tops'l schooners. Do give them a hello from us at the San Diego Maritime Museum.

    Cheers,
    Katherine/spiffingsailor

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup. we are all excited about it. new people to hang with. we commented just this morning on how we'll probably have flag offs, see who can get it up the best and take it down the most smooth.

    we still have paint splattered on the deck and we are hoping we get the chance to oil the whole deck before they get here.

    thanks for reading, i like to know someone other than my mom is reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maisie and Cookie are dating now? The ragged rascals...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lols, heheh, i even heard you had a thing for him once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...um I believe it was the other way around, thank you very much! :P

    ReplyDelete