Monday, December 21, 2009

Furling and Patch Serve

This morning we had to re-furl the fore coarse sail. All girls, six of us, took us a good hour and a half, Sveta said that their old crew of 15 could furl all the sails in that same amount of time, we have a long way to go. The sail does look a lot better this time than it did before and I am a lot more comfortable out there on the end of the yard.

Then we were sent back up to do some patch serve, Kat, Katie and I. It wasn’t as bad this time as the first time we went up there. I did five spots, sat on some foot ropes as well so I could reach, once seated I did not want to move or wiggle. And did a few on the shrouds.

Ashley and Peter worked on the futtocks shrouds rust busting. They used a grinder and at one point the lanyard snapped and whacked Ashley across the fingers, ouch.

Brooke mainly drove Rebecca and Caleb around because they had errands to run, but later she helped Sveta with the fore topgallant.

My hands are still a bit beat up, blister on my left thumb that I squeezed the blood out of, gross, slice on left palm and the nick in the side of my right thumb from a screw. Got plenty of other small scratches, but they don’t bother like those other ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment