Sunday, December 20, 2009

No more!

I had to caulk all day again! There were two pieces left on the starboard side near the stern. Ashley had already pried them out, I just had to put them back in, but it was really hard trying to hang there in my harness and be all monkey arms. Eventually I gave up and could not reach the last two screws so I has Ashley help me.

Then I asked Peter what to do next and was instructed to caulk some more. Ug. Checked things out on the way forward and saw one last piece of half round still on the starboard side curving around the bow. Started tackling that, it was more awkward putting it back on because I had to be upside down a lot more and my hands at funny angles to put the board back.

And of course it does not fit properly. There is a large gap in it because of moving everything up just a bit. So what I’ll have to do later, or someone is undo the front of the board, trim some off and push it back flush.

At least tomorrow is rig day.

No comments:

Post a Comment