Monday, December 7, 2009

I am a fish

Was going to go ashore today but Ashley didn’t feel like it, I could have gone with Peter, but that seemed a little weird and I think he was just going to go to some café or something. Oh well, had a good day anyway.

After getting some internety things done Ashley and I climbed the rigging for some random reason. Went up to the main cross trees again, I’m still a little shaky up there, if I go up there a few more times I think I’ll be able at least get up on to the topgallant yard. Then after a few more weeks of doing that and general work maybe I’ll be able to get up to the royal.

Had a bite to eat then Katie, Ashley and I went out for a swim. Jumped off the side of the ship and swam around. Under the bow Caleb found a small boat at the bottom so he and Tsveta tried to bring it up, they did manage to get it a bit unstuck from the mud. Just hung out in the water and I went back and jumped off the ship again, I also managed to pull myself up using the manrope five times.

Got out, talked with people for a bit and then went back in for more swimming, I have become a fish. My hands are really sore and a bit of rope burn from pulling myself up, but it was worth it.

Sat out on the veranda for awhile and watched the sun set. I’m going to be so tired later I don’t’ know how I’ll get up and work tomorrow.

The Veranda

No comments:

Post a Comment