Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Half round

Before tours started Kat, Brooke and I quickly put a second coat on the mizzen futtocks and dead eyes. I did the dead eyes meaning that I was getting painted in by Kat and Brooke, some how I managed to squeeze through the lubbers hole and get down without touching the futtocks.

Then Kat and I were sent to the half round, I still hate it and it seems to be never ended and we haven’t even really started on the port side. Kat and I went over the starboard side; there were a few pieces of the half round that needed some adjustment, to low or high on the line. We also cleaned the half round scrapping off any extra caulk.

At the end of the day I helped Brooke and Sveta place a staging so sometime this week we can start on the port aft half round. Today Brook worked on the bow sprit and later part of the half round with Sveta and Katie was in the engine room with Peter all day.

Kat’s boyfriend, Josh, is visiting again and Peter left right after work to go to New York, he’ll only be gone 36 hours though.

Since we have the next two days off we are all planning on doing some of our own cooking. Not only because we enjoy it, but to have something different to eat.

We also struck a brow tonight and Sveta said "We'll leave them here till we re-open next year." Classic new year joke ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment