Monday, December 28, 2009

Taaaar

Another day working aloft, I got to play with tar, that’s a really black and sticky mess. In my bucket I had a squeeze bottle full of tar, a rag and a sock. Carried that all up, got situated and put on two latex gloves on my right hand and then the sock. Squeezed tar on the sock and smeared that all over a new patch serve that we did the week before. You have to put on enough so everything is coated, but not too much that it drips everywhere. I also wore an old long sleeved shirt so that I could get tar all over me, and that’s exactly what happened.

I finished by lunch so after I did a little more bunging, there were not to many bungs left so couldn’t do them all.

After that I got to paint the metal around the dead eyes that are attached to the futtocks, lucky for me I got to sit on the mizzen top and not have to dangle. It took me longer than it probably should have, but I didn’t want to spill any paint at all, not one drop. I was cautious and that helped because I didn’t spill anything. Yay!

Today everyone did a bit of everything but Katie and Peter were in the engine room all day, they were very very filthy. They were changing out coolant and fixing a few other things so they had to squeeze behind and under the generator.

No comments:

Post a Comment